Hi readers! It has been a century since I’ve posted. I swear I have been running my butt off since my last post! Only with injuries in between.
Recap on my injuries and life after Hop Hop 1/2 Marathon:
- After my Hop Hop 1/2 Marathon and PR, I was losing feeling in my right toes when I ran which caused me to overcompensate on my left leg. This resulted in a huge calf bulge.
- I went to see two different PTs, consulted with my coach, and went to an excellent sports massage therapist. But it took about a month to diagnose my injury: Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome.
- Since my diagnosis, I had to drop out of three races I registered for: Oregon Nurse Association 5k Race for the Roses 1/2 Marathon and Eugene 1/2 Marathon.
- I took nearly 2 months off with running about 5 miles a week max and I was able to race in the the Run for Boston 5k. I PR’d at 25:01!
- Then I went to Hawaii and started officially training for the Foot Traffic Flat! I had experienced pain here and there but finished the race at 1:57!
Whew, it’s been a crazy 4 months. I’ll update you all soon!